Contact Me

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day!

What do you make a little girl for valentines breakfast?


Bright Pink Pancakes!!!
 How do you get pancakes so awesomely pink you ask? Beets! No I am not kidding. And they were amazing! I started with regular pancake batter. Instead of water, I mixed in fresh beet juice. I used our juicer and juiced 3 medium beets, saving the pulp of course. Then I just dumped in the juice into the pancake mix. I then placed it in the fridge overnight so I wouldn't have to take the time before school. I did end up adding a little water before cooking them in the morning as they had gotten very thick.

I then just made them as I would any other pancake. I found though that I needed to keep the heat on med-low.

a nice fresh stack of pink beet pancakes

 My gift to Honey.
I made Honey such a great gift. It wasn't anything big or expensive, but it came from the heart. Unfortunately, Yesterday morning when I went to put the gift on the front seat of his car before he left for work, it was missing. Mom and Dad have helped me look everywhere for it and it still hasn't turned up. So I thought I would at least show you the pics of what it was going to be.

 I cut out many, many, many hearts from paper, all different colors. I then stuffed them into a box so that when he opened the box it would explode out all over the place. Written on one heart was, "You've Been Heart Attacked!"

The idea was he was supposed to open the box at his desk so that his cubicle would be filled with paper hearts. I had written on a heart that was placed on the outside of the box, "Do Not Open Until at Your Desk."

We did have a wonderful valentines day, rather than finding a babysitter for the evening we went to lunch. My dear friend D watched Monkey, and Bubba was at Great Grandma's. What a wonderful way to get time without having to attempt to find a sitter for the evening.


You've been Heart Attacked
Box, Stuffed


No comments:

Post a Comment