Contact Me

Monday, February 20, 2012

Quick Doughnuts




Who doesn't love to wake up to fresh homemade doughnuts? I would love to have fresh made pastries in the morning. But who has time to slave away and make fresh doughnuts every morning? Me that's who. Not that I do, but with this simple method I could make fresh doughnuts every morning.

I know you ask, How easy can it really be? Answer, VERY! I start with a can of Grand's biscuits. Yep that is my secret ingredient. I open the can and while the pan of oil is heating, I cut the doughnuts. 

I take a small round object, such as a 2-liter lid or this time I used this tube. 

Then I took the pieces that I cut out of the center of the biscuits and dropped them in the hot oil. I stir them around so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan. As they begin to brown on the bottom I flip them over. With the centers this can be a little tricky, I just make sure they are evenly brown all over.

Then when the holes are finished I drop in 2 or 3 doughnuts, depending on the size of the pan. I do the same thing with them that I did with the holes. I stir them around so they don't stick and they begin to float. Once they float I let them sit until they begin to brown. Once they are brown on the bottom I flip them over and let them brown on the other side. 






After they are cooked I take them out and set them on a paper towel to dab off some excess oil. I then sprinkle them with powered sugar. A mound of these don't last long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment