Contact Me

Friday, February 10, 2012

Hair Day

Last night I did my homemade Hot oil treatment on my hair. Seriously the easiest and most awesome thing to do to your hair. Makes it feel so wonderful. Anyways, enough about the hot oil.
This is the finished product

Have you ever wanted to  have those lovely curls you see everyone with? Think you dont have time for them? Me too! I mean come on, I have 3 kids 6 and under. I am lucky to get clean clothes on in the morning. That is why I was so excited to find a new way to get a jump start on my hair.

At night, after the kids are in bed, I take my shower. After the shower I run some curling mousse through it, then I part my hair right now the middle (I normally part my hair to one side). I take both sides and do a quick braid. This is so nice because it stays put during the night. Let me tell you, I do not stay in one place while sleeping, I roll and toss and flip all night long.
Braids in the morning after been slept on all night.

In the morning when the hair is dry, for my hair (which is thicker than anything) I take a blow dryer to it quickly. This is optional depending on if you have thick or thin hair. This just gives you a head start on the curls. Gives your hair the motivation to have body. I take the braids out and run my fingers through my hair. I try to avoid taking a brush or comb to it at this point because I don't want to frizz it any more than necessary.

Hair in sections
I then get out my 1" curling iron and set it on high. I section my hair off into sections. I pull up the top half and clip in out of the way. I then curl the under part. To do this I take small sections and curl them at an angle. When I take the curling iron off I then quickly take the curl and twist it in the same direction as the curl started. I twist it until it is tight and I hold it straight out until it is cool. It then turns into a ringlet. After it is completely cool I will separate it a bit more.
The twist
Whole head curled

Once I finish the entire underside, I take down one half of the top section. I like to take this time to choose where my part will be, and curl first one side and then the other. Now that my entire head is curled, I check to make sure everything is looking correct. If I see some that are falling already I will take the curling iron to them again quickly. I then spray hair spray over the whole head and I am done.

Really this takes no time.
This is how it holds up all day!



Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment