Contact Me

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Homemade Freezer Burritos

I don't know about you, but my family can go through a package of these in one meal. Doing that once in a while is no big deal, right. But no princess wants them daily. No I don't let her have them daily. I do however, when I don't know what to make for lunch throw these in the microwave and they have lunch. Between the 3 kids they can devour a whole package for lunch.

I had to find a way to make them so that they can have them when they want and I can afford to let them have as many as they want.

I thought why not just use the smaller taco shells and make up a bunch at once. YES! It works. However I have a hard time making it to the freezer with them. The kids can eat them as fast as I can make them. Good thing they only cost about $0.20 each burrito. And that is the most expensive it can be. Usually runs a bit less.

All the ingredients needed!
 Its great only need 3 ingredients and a few mins and you have got the same thing you would spend about $5 on, for only about $1.50
 Lay all your tortillas out. I could only make 6 at a time due to space.

 Put in a spoon full of beans right in the center of the shells. To make my beans I water them down just a little to make them go father, that is completely up to you. I also add in 2 packets of Taco Bell mild sauce.


 Then a very small sprinkle of cheese. They really don't need much. Just a little for taste.


Then roll them up. Fold in both ends and then roll.


  Fresh you can micro them for 30 sec. Frozen  I would micro them about 1min 30 sec.


This is my stack all ready to eat


All 3 kids like different dips for their burritos. Princess likes to have both Ranchero sauce and Ranch. Bubba like to have ketchup. And Monkey likes them plain.
Choices, Choices!

Tester

Testers


No comments:

Post a Comment