Contact Me

Friday, June 29, 2012

Organizing Dressers

 I have to admit, I hate dressers! That is up until recently. I can never find what I want without rummaging through the whole drawer making it look, well, like this:
Before
 So I started making them easier to see everything. Like this:
After (plus a few more shirts from laundry)

 It is so nice to be able to see everything in the drawer just by opening it. No rummaging, no digging, no unfolding. Its just all there. Plus you can get more in each drawer than the old way of folding.



Start with this
 Take your shirt
Folded in half
 Fold it in half hot dog style
Fold the bottom up
 Fold the top of the shirt up
All folded

Then fold the bottom down over the top, you should have a nice square like this. 
side view

Before

Plus this.



After
Pants and jammies are done much the same way. If they are too long to fold in thirds, I fold them in fourths by folding both ends towards the center and then in half. What you are going for is for everything to be a uniform square. Then line them all up so that you can see the fold on all of them from the top. Makes finding things much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment